Skip to content Skip to navigation

50 taken ill on Prasad consumption

Over 50 people have fallen ill after having prasad at a religious function organized in Kamrup district on Sunday. The local residents in Rangiya had gathered at a house in Nabapur village in Rani area for a religious function and ate sprouted grams which was offered as 'prasad' on Saturday night. The ailing people complained of stomach ache, vomiting and other symptoms related to food poisoning and were admitted to Rani primary health centre. The condition of ten persons, including some children, was stated to be serious and they have been shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital. The Kamrup district administration has ordered an inquiry into the incident and the food samples have been collected for testing.
Author info

AT News's picture

Assam Times Staff

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

More Stories

Leopard killed at Nazira

21 Jan 2015 - 4:45pm | SK Hasan
A full grown leopard who created terror in Mazenga, Hudupara and its sorrunding rural areas in Nazira for the last several months was killed by the villagers on last Wednesday. After brutally killed...

Kargil Gunners dedicate library at Bhergaon

16 Apr 2012 - 5:15pm | Jayanta Kumar Das
Taking forward the Indian Army’s drive to reach out the local populace and benefit the needy, Red Horns Division made yet contribution towards education at Bhergaon ME School in Udalguri on 10...

Manmohan will cast his vote in Dispur

19 Apr 2009 - 7:50am | editor
A Dispur voter Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh this time will exercise his franchise in Assam on April 23 for the Guwahati Lok Sabha constituency.Addressing a press conference in Guwahati on Sunday...