NAMRUP: Properties worth more than ₹3lakh reduced to ashes when a devastating fire engulfed three houses in Namrup on Friday.
The incident took place in the wee hours in Nagadolong area where the fire which originated from electric short circuit engufed the house of Jayanta Bokolial. Local residents in large number came to the rescue. But by then the fire spread to his rented houses and the cowshed which charred his cattle to death.
It took several hours to extinguish the fire which already ravaged properties worth lakhs of rupees. There is,however, no loss of human life.