Tent house gutted in fire
Properties worth lakhs of rupees have been reduced to ashes when a tent house caught fire in Kokrajhar on Thursday.
The incident took place at the Subashpally-based Subdev Tent House area at night.
Fire tenders were pressed into service to bring the blaze under control. But by then, the fire has engulfed the entire house ravaging the properties worth several lakhs.
Talking to Assam Times, police officials said that the reason was yet to be ascertain. But the local residents and the owner have blamed fire crackers.
20 Mar 2017 - 8:22pm | AT Staff Reporter
Kalaigaon-Rongamati road (old Mekenzi road which was the oldest PWD road in undivided Darrang district) was built by British nearly one hundred fifty years ago in 1860.The road has been linking...
3 Sep 2015 - 7:15pm | Mithun Baruah
The All Assam Muslim Yuva Parishad (S) has strongly condemned the Burma Camp incident where four construction workers gangraped and killed a college girl on her way to Margherita last week.AAMYP Vice...
27 Oct 2014 - 7:27pm | Dibya J Borthakur
The 12 hour Tiwa bandh ended paralyzing normal life on Monday. Called by the All Tiwa Students Union along with five other organizations, the bandh was by and large peaceful in Raha and its adjoining...