Talking to a private TV news channel, the Bodo militant outfit said its as simple as that they will not drop the demand and also carry forward the peace process with the Centre. Basumatary said the they have not made this announcement while they were holding talks with the Centre on September 30 and that it was the Centre which stressed the need to expedite the peace process.
Basumatary said he was aware of the reports in a section of media that NDFB has dropped the sovereignty question and was quick to term it a conspiracy. He hoped that a political solution to the 22-year long political struggle for a separate Bodoland will be possible.
The Bodo insurgent outfit signed a ceasefire pact with the government three years ago. Since then, the Centre has extended the ceasefire term for several times and has been trying to wash its hands off. On September 30, it was extended for another period of three months. The outfit observed its 22nd raising Day at the designated camp at Borbori.