Electrocution death in Hojai
Hojai: Once again the power department has shown its utter inefficiency in Hojai where one person was electrocuted to death when workers were on repairing duty on Tuesday.
Identified as Mohan Lal Das, the 45 year old electrocuted when he was caught by the 440 voltage power line of 440 at Raikata Village in Hojai in the afternoon as the workers were on repairing duty.
According to information, when the workers were repairing the line damaged by the April 13 storm suddenly the powerline came into the contact of current due to their negligence.
Local residents rushed Mohan to the hospital where he was declared brought dead.
His family lodged a formal complaint with the police charging the workers with killing Mohan. Investigation is going on.
17 May 2012 - 7:48pm | editor
A major explosion was averted at gas pipeline in Sivasagar district when security forces defused a powerful IED on Thursday. The IED weighing 3 kg was planted at a gas pipeline in between...
23 Feb 2014 - 9:33pm | AT News
Poachers are suspected to have killed one more rhino before facing an encounter with forest guards in Kaziranga on Sunday.On hearing sounds of gunfiring at Burhapahar range of the world heritage site...
29 Mar 2014 - 4:47pm | Hantigiri Narzary
Ranjan Daimary faction strongly condemned the Chirang incident where a tribal girl was raped before being murdered.According to the outfit, a particular group has been trying to repeat the 2012...