Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
Fact 1: Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.
Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can cause people to avoid or reject others even though they are not at risk for spreading the virus.
Fact 2: For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to
Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.
Fact 3: Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
Fact 4: There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Fact 5: You can help stop COVID-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Seek medical advice if you
- Develop symptoms
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.