Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Devastating inferno in Moran market

Properties worth one crore have been reduced to ashes when a market caught fire in Moran on Thursday. The incident took place in the wee hours when the fire broke out at a shop because of electric short circuit. Immediately, the fire was spreading to the nearby shops. Fire tenders were rushed to the spot but by then the fire engulfed the entire daily market. Local residents blamed delay in the arrival of the fire tenders which was why, the fire spanned out of control.

Author info

editor's picture

Please send your comments to editor@assamtimes.org

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

Random Stories

Satriya workshop concludes

31 Jul 2015 - 6:10pm | Hantigiri Narzary
A ten day workshop on Satriya dance and Borgeet training was concluded here at Kokrajhar Naamghar in Kokrajhar on Thursday in Kokrajhar. Participant and well wishers felicitated Satriya dance...

Global alliance to secure elephant corridors

1 Jul 2015 - 5:34pm | Subhamoy Bhattacharjee
The India State of Forest Report 2013 released in 2014 stated that there has been a net decline of 627 sq kms in forest cover in north eastern states as compared to last assessment done in 2011. In...

Poachers Mun Bezbaruah arrested in the city

20 May 2008 - 4:13pm | editor
At last forest department has managed to arrest poacher Manu Bazbaruah from the city on Monday. According to information, Manu was arrested on his way to the Santipur based forest office. Later he...