Gogona, an assamese community organisation of Mira Road celebrated 'Rangali Bihu' at Mira Road on April 13 with great enthusiasm and spirit. Nayan Jyoti Bhuyan, a member of Assam Association has taken keen interest and initiative to organise the Assamese people residing around Mira-Bhayender area. This is for the first time at Mira road, Assamese people got together and celebrated 'Rongali Bihu' with various cultural activities. The cultural evening started at around 7 pm and lasted till 11:30pm. Renowned Geo-Magnetism Scientist and the first Assamese scientist to go to the Antartica for survey, Dr. Raghav Chandra Deka, young and most dynamic celebrities like sound engineer Debojit Changmai and Amrit Preetam Datta were also present at the event. Dr. Raghav Chandra Deka has presented an Assamese book, "Penguinor Dex Kumeru" written by him to the Bihu Committee.
The cultural programmed started soon after the 'Lighting Ceremony' done by Dr. Raghav Chandra Deka. The programmes included:
- Felicitation ceremony: The committee felicitated distinguished guests Dr. Raghav Chandra Deka, Educationist Mrs. Utpala Kunwar, Re-recording Engineer Debojit Changmai and Sound Designer Amrit Preetam Datta with colourful 'Gamosa'
- Addressing the members on the aims and purposes of 'Gagana' by Nayan Jyoti Bhuyan.
- Birthday Cake cutting of Riya Laskar:
- Chorus song by Ladies:
- Assamese songs sung by Singer Nayanika Hazarika
- 'Fashion Show' by kids presented by Dashin Designer Jahnavi Chaliha
- Bihu Dance by Riya Laskar
- Songs by Mrs. Sneha Choudhury
- Solo Bihu Dance by Dancer Juri Chaliha Laskar
- Songs by Chnimay Raichoudhury
- Group Bihu Dance by Pushpanjali Pathak, Jonali Kunwar, Archana Baruah and Juri Chaliha Laskar
- 'Chinaki Parvo'
- 'Bihu Bhoj'