Guwahati: In yet another ‘handiwork,’ ULFA explodes a powerful bomb in the busy Machkhowa areas on Saturday morning at around 7-30 which left four people dead and more than twenty injured.
The blast that rocks again in the time of the grand Ambubachi mela atop Kamakhya and Asian Athletic Grand Prix at Sarusajai, took place in front of a mosque. All those four were killed on the spot.
The bomb was placed beside a small tea stall at the daily fruit and vegetable market. Most of the vendors and visitors were not present in the morning when the bomb exploded.
The injured people have been admitted to the nearby hospital for treatment by the people who rushed to the spot hearing the huge sound the blast made. The conditions of four of these people are critical.
Immediately after the incident, police and top ranked police and civil officials including the Deputy Commissioner Abinash Joshi arrived in the spot and started investigation. Later talking to the reporters on the spot, Mr Joshi says the blast is a handiwork of ULFA.
Meanwhile, the city police beefs up security arrangement in view of the grand fair and festival at the Kahakhya temple and also to ensure security to the athletes across the Asian countries in view of the 16th Asian Grand Prix. The event is inaugurated on Saturday by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
Panic spreads among those who gatecrash the Kamakhya temple premises to participate in the on going Ambubashi fair. These people have arrived in the fair spot from the last week.
PermalinkSubmitted by A. R. on Sat, 23/06/2007 - 15:07
The explosion took place at Machkhowa and that too in front of a mosque at 5.30 A.M. and not at 7.30 A.M. The time 5.30 A.M. of Muslim Fajar Salah( morning prayer )
Immediately after the incident, police and top ranked police and civil officials including the Deputy Commissioner Abinash Joshi arrived in the spot and started investigation. Later talking to the reporters on the spot, Mr Joshi says the blast is a handiwork of ULFA.
How can A. Joshi imediately blame ULFA without proper investigation.
This is second blast in Muslim area within weeks.
The last week was - The explosion took place at a predominantly Muslim area in village Gulutuk in Kamrup district, 50 km from Guwahati.
The Guluktuk blast - "The blast was carried out at the behest of the RSS and was executed by the organisation's youth wing with Abhijit Sarma as the kingpin," ULFA spokesman Raju Baruah said in a statement received by IANS. "Sarma is a member of RSS's youth wing," the statement said. How can a place which is 100% Muslim - a bomb blast ? This is the main question which the local people's should think.
Assam is going to be a safe haven for rebels. These rebels were planning a major strike with arms and ammunition.Army's Red Horn division has recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Belaghat in Karbi Anglong district on Monday morning. According to information, these include 500 gram of explosive materials, 255 detonators, 337 ammunition of AK series rifles, 163 ammunition of 9mm and 95 ammunition of 7.62 rifles.
Senir lawyer Nekibur Zaman demands immediate removal of Rockybul Hussain from the Assembly ministry alleging his meeting with ISI men at the Guwahati jail. Addressing a function in Guwahati on Sunday, Zaman said that he was present when the meeting took place.
Train services on Delhi-Bhatinda route of the Northern Railways remained disrupted as the 5610 Awadh-Assam Express derailed between Maisarkhana and Kotsateh station Sunday in the wee hours.According toi the Northern Railways, no one was injured in the accident as only the engine and the luggage van of the train have derailed.Trains such as Sriganganagar bound Uday Abha Toofan Express, Punjab Mail and Ferozepur-Mumbai Janata Express on the section have been diverted via Bhatinda-Dhuri-Jind and Jakhal.
Two ULFA rebels died sin an encounter at Hajo, Kamrup district on Saturday midnight. Two granades and two pistols were recovered from them. The deceased have yet to be identified.
Over 45 people had a miraculous escape from a major disaster when the flight they were boarding landed under emergency conditions at the Kolkata airport here early on Saturday as one of its engines caught fire.According to information, the 38 passengers and eight crew of the Jetlite flight from Kolkata to Guwahati were safe. The pilot of S2-361 flight contacted Air Traffic Control (ATC) and sought to land minutes after taking off at 6.29 am after he noticed the port side engine emitting smoke and fire. Fire brigade was on the stand by as the aircraft landed safely two minutes after take off.The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. Later, the passengers would be sent to Guwahati...
Police have arrested altogether 7 hardcore militants of Muslim United Liberation Tigers of Assam (MULTA) and seized hand grenades, AK-47 ammunition recovered from them in Dhubri and Kokrajhar districts on Friday.According to police, they were picked up from different places in Dhubri and Kokrajhar districts during overnight operations by police on tip off about the presence of the MULTA activists.In Dhubri district, MULTA activists Abdul Rahman (32) was picked up from Chapori, Abdul Mazid Sheikh (32) from Bishenbari, Nazrul islam (28) from North Thukrijhara Part-I, Akhrul Zaman Talukdar (22) from Khetabagra, Halim Ali (23) and Kamizuddin (26) from Pholimari.A countrymade pistol, two hand...
Golaghat police have arrested a gang of 7 smugglers on Friday at Khumtai area. According to information, two cars, cash worth Rs.177,500/-, and one 9mm pistol have been seized from them. Interrogation is on at Kamargaon police station.
The persons of a same family died when wild elephants attack them in Karbi Anglong district on Thursday night. According to information, the incident took place at North Bhellapara in Boithalangsu when a hard of wild elephants attacked them while the family members were sleeping. Two person died on the sport while another died on the way to the hospital. The deceased people have been identified as Metson Marak, Joya Marak and five year old Anamika Marak.
The Supreme Court on Thursday has asked the government to submit a status report on the Bangladeshi immigration and stressed national identity cards for all citizens of the country to resolve the perennial problem that has been plaguing Assam and the otehr north eastern states.Hearing a bunch of lawsuits aimed at securing the country against illegal infiltration on Thursday, a division bench of Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan, Justice P Satahsivam and Justice J M Panchal approved a plan for multi-purpose national identity card for Indian citizens.The bench said those having no identity cards should not be able to lead a normal life. Additional Solicitor General Amrendra Saran apprised the...
Uruka, on the occasion of Magh Bihu was celebrated by the People of Assam as well as Well-wishers of Assam, currently residing in the millenium city of Gurgaon...
Comments
Pages
Add new comment